Christmas Card Crafternoon

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Since Christmas is getting closer and closer I thought it would be fun to have a Christmas Crafternoon with my sisters, Angie, Melanie, and our friend Mabel. I’ve had a card making crafternoon with my sisters before but all three girls were still relatively new to creating cards. Since ‘handmade’ is still going strong—and pretty popular, they wanted make their gift giving a little more personal by making their own cards for friends and family, this year. So, what I did was come up with a few sample cards that I could teach them how to make but they were also free to use all the stamps, paper, and embellishments to create their very own designs. I’d say they had the most fun, getting messy and making their own cards—who wouldn’t have fun doing that?! Hehe. 
To set up, I covered the dining room table with Kraft wrapping paper, and simply organized by stamps, paper, makers, acrylic blocks, paper trimmers, ink, etc. on one edge of the table—so they could have everything within reach. 
Here are a few of the cards they created…
I love all of the cards they made, I’m happy that I was able to teach them a few new techniques but most of the designs they created came from their own minds. We’re already talking about having a Christmas Crafternoon part 2, where we will make Mason jar snow globes, treat bags, and tags. I’m definitely going to enjoy that one!

15 comments:

  1. These look so cute! They don't even look like they are handmade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to come over too. :) This makes me want to get the girls together... I need more paper trimmers though haha. Some adorable cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun. Do you live in California? We should craft together if you live in or around Los Angles!

      Delete
  3. These look awesome! Can you recommend your favorite inks? I'm just starting to get in to stamping & the ones I've picked up at Michael's & AC Moore all suck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first started stamping I felt the same way. I was like, "How do those ladies get such awesome impressions?" I find that the Memento black ink works well with photopolymer and rubber stamps only--that's what I used and it's sold at Michaels. However, dye based inks like, Memories black ink works well with both photopolymer and acrylic stamps that ink can only be found at specialty stores or online. I get mine on Ebay. I also buy Hero arts shadow inks--they are pricey but the quality is amazing. I find all my hero arts inks' on the Simon Says Stamp website. I hope that helps, and feel free to ask more questions if you have any!

      Delete
  4. OMG, Nicole! I love that "Merry Kissmas" Card. So cute.
    Your crafternoons are always a good time, even when I'm just seeing it in the virtual sense. =0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My youngest sister, Melanie, created that one! When I saw it was like...omg! that's amazing.

      Delete
  5. This sounds like a great way to spend an afternoon! I think all the cards you guys made are adorable!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. i absolutely love this post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are oh so cute and your photos make it all look so fun! our blog is adorable, i am so happy i stumbled across it. Anddd I am your newest follower! hey-o! hope you can swing by mine sometime!

    xo, Kelsey Belle | Happie Reading Blog

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |