Camping

Monday, July 21, 2014

It's always nice to get away from the city once in a while and just breath. I'm lucky that I live so close to the Los Angeles National forest--a 45 minute drive can take me away from fast pace living and into the beautiful mountain wilderness. At times I feel like I'm not getting in touch with nature as much as one should, not seeing the night sky the way that it was meant to be seen; or, not taking time to live in the moment and recognize the beauty that's all around me.
The Los Angeles National forest has so many breath taking views and camp sites--I look forward to coming here every summer. The sites are clean, people are friendly, and we're always in good company.
This is Link, my boyfriends dog. He's such a cutie and this was his first time camping. 

The s'mores kits I made for the Lawn Fawn Youtube channel were at hit! I was so happy everyone loved them--some even mentioned how they didn't want to even open them because they were so cute, and to help out I grabbed one and ripped it in half (completely destroying it) to show everyone that it was perfectly fine to demolish them, hehe. Later, after we were all coming down from the sugar high, I snapped this picture of one of the s'more labels and I thought it actually looked pretty on the ground. They were scattered all over the floor and I was happy that they were enjoyed.
The night sky is something I always look forward to when I go camping. Since I could remember I've been so curious about the stars and night sky's--so you can imagine how pleased I was just by the camp fire staring at it for hours. I saw so many shooting stars it was amazing!
The next morning we went for a hike and were looking for as many great views we could fine. We definitely weren't disappointed. I feel like only 24 hours here wasn't enough but I just have to be thankful that I even got the chance to go and I'll be coming back a few more times this summer--that's for sure.

8 comments:

  1. that's amazing!!! i like your photos! and i really love your blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, if I went camping and was handed one of your Smores Kits, I would probably open it carefully so I could save the package (even though I haven't scrapbooked in years, I'd say I was saving it for the scrapbook!).
    Sometimes even just a small getaway is what is exactly needed to unwind and enjoy nature. I'm glad you got the chance to go and have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! Isn't the Los Angeles National Forest just so beautiful? I often forget how fortunate we are to live near so much natural beauty! Your boyfriend's dog, Link, is absolutely adorable!! Glad to hear you had fun and your s'mores kits were a success :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These pictures are stunning! They make me want to go camping!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos. Link is a cutie and I love the shot of the night sky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love these shots :) So many beautiful views! Haha, my husband wants to name a dog Link ;)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |