Sending Hedgehugs

Friday, September 5, 2014

I had so much fun creating this card! I was one of those times where I just needed to stop when I was doing and create something new, fun, and just for me. At times I tend to get a bit bored when creating the same things over and over again for my shop--I do love what I do, though. I'm not really complaining, but if you're a crafter, too, I'm sure you can understand what I mean, hehe.

To create this card I used the stamps set, hedgehugs, along with it's coordinating dies--by Lawn Fawn. To create the triangle look at the bottom and top of the card I used the stamp set, argyle backdrops with some gold embossing. I also used some Tim Holtz watercolor card stock and some of the my Tim Hotlz distress markers in: shabby shutters, weathered wood, tattered rose, victorian velvent, and frayed burlap--to create the watercolor background panel. I stamped the cute hedgehog images in some versafine black ink (which is a ink perfect for use with watercolors--no bleeding). For the text bubble I used one of the dies form the set, chit chat, and stamped the sentiment using black ink. The tag was also created using a LF die, and paper from the new, Sweater Weather collection. Lastly, the sequins in, Lemon Meringue, Marshmallow, and Pink blush were by Pretty Pink Posh.

I just adore how this card turned out, and I can't wait to make many more like it--when I have some more time. I hope you enjoyed this post and feel free to leave me a comment!

Have a great weekend!

Nicole

4 comments:

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |