Scrapbook Layout using Lawn Fawn Paper and Project Life Kits

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

It hasn't been that long since I created my last pocket scrapbooking page and I just had to make another one! I'm really falling in love with the scrapbooking process and today I'm giving 12 x 12 layouts a try. I'm still not too sure what the protocol is for scrapbooking but I thought it would be cute to create a cover page with my picture on it and a little note about what my goal is for my scrapbook.

I wanted this layout to have a black and white picture of me but also have lots of pops of color with the embellishments and paper. The base for this 12 x 12 layout is one of the new pieces of pattern paper from the new (not yet released) Let's Polka, Mon Amie collection by Lawn Fawn. This new paper line is due to be released mid February. I love the mint color and mini hearts on this sheet of pattern paper and I thought it would work well with the Project Life foil kit which has lots of light pastely tones. If you noticed from the images above I also tried out the Project Life Color Magic kit--this kit comes with papers that are meant to be hand colored, by you, using the coordinating sprays or with watercolor. Since I like using distress inks to watercolor I thought I'd give them a try on the Color Magic Kit and I really love the results. The 3x4" cards have more of a watercolor cardstock feel and the 4x6" cards have more of a cardstock feel so I wasn't sure how the larger cards would react with the distress ink but it turns out they work so well with them. There was hardly any warping, too, which is great! I used the embellishments from both kits and I love all of the gold foil accents on this page.

I don't really worry too much about whether I'm scrapbooking the right way; or, if there is a certain way this should all be done. I think for the most part I just want to have fun with it and simply document my life from here on out. What I also love about this is that it's just for me--I'm not selling these I'm simply creating this pages for me and that's so fun!

1 comment:

  1. I love your page & with the black and white photo! I've been thinking of trying out Scrapbooking myself. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |