Just Saying Hello

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

The last time I was shopping at Micheals I stopped in my tracks by this adorable Mermaid Kiddo rubber stamp image by Stampendous. I thought this would be perfect for so many things--including a greeting card. I also thought, with watercoloring being so popular right now, that this image would be perfect for that medium. This was my first time watercoloring a large image like this so I wasn't too sure how it would turn out but in the end I just loved it.

I colored in this image using only distress inks. For the ocean background I used Salty Ocean, Peacock feathers, Tumbled glass, and Chipped sapphire. That combination of blues turned out so well. I don't have any skin tone colors so I combined the colors Tattered rose, and Tea dye. Then I added Spun sugar for her cheeks. For her hair I used Scattered straw, Mustard seed, and a little bit of Tattered rose; and for her sea shells and fin I used Shabby Shutters and Bundled sage. Also, the shells she's wearing were colored in using Shaded lilac and the adorable little sea horse was colored in using both Mustard seed and Spiced Marmalade.

To finish off the card I used the 'Just saying Hello' sentiment from, Grand Greetings by Lawn Fawn on some vellum paper as well as Sparkling Clear, and Aquamarine sequins by Pretty Pink Posh.

I hope you all enjoyed this card. I had so much fun coloring it all in! Also, stay tuned for a new video by me on the Lawn Fawn blog tomorrow. If you head over to their blog you'll  noticed I have a card there for Scrapbook adhesives week and I'll be sharing how I made that card! I'll also share the video and images here on my blog, tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. oh Nicole this card is super sweet!!! :) love your colouring!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card, Nicole! I'm feeling I'm under water too!!! Fantastic scene! Have a great day! Jenna

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |